8/26/2015

Hair care routine | Homemade shampoo

Homemade shampoo ingredients
I have been using homemade beauty/hair products for quite a while now. Some may not, but I do believe in healing properties of natural ingredients.

For about a year now, I have been subscribed to the BeautyKLove You Tube channel and would recommend it to anyone struggling with their hair. My favourite products I found out about are coconut milk hair mask and, just recently, a homemade shampoo.

What you need:
- 50 ml of water
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of baking soda
- half of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel

• Based on how much hair you have, double the ingredients. Have in mind that I have little to no hair.

What you do:
Mix the baking soda with water. Add the lemon juice ~ it will fizz up quite a lot. Once you have done that, add honey and aloe vera gel. I usually skip the aloe vera gel since my plant is itty bitty tiny one still with only a few dark, thick leaves. Don't worry, it works the same! Lastly, blend the ingredients together and place it in a container of your choosing. When washing your hair, concentrate on getting the shampoo onto your scalp to cleanse it and get rid of any product build up.

Homemade shampoo step 1
Homemade shampoo step 2
Homemade shampoo step 3

Firstly, I have to say I was honestly surprised by the results I got. One major thing I noticed was the way my hair felt right after washing. Usually when I wash my hair only with a regular shampoo it gets knotty while wet. It is impossible to even finger-comb it without breaking half of it. However, when using this particular shampoo, my hair is a lot easier to handle…and it flips really nice! xP

Homemade shampoo final product

• Benefits of ingredients
- baking soda helps cleansing any product build up on your scalp
- aloe vera has amino acids and proteins important for hair growth and can help cure different scalp conditions such as dandruff and itchiness ~ it also helps strengthen your hair
- lemon gets rid of any excess oil on your hair
- honey has antibacterial properties, it moisturises your hair and can help with dandruff

If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think. I know for some this may not work as many products do not work for me. Hope you have a lovely day and thank you for reading! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment