12/07/2013

Fascinating places to see | Must visit

Hi to you, lovely readers! I found this article titled ‘Most Beautiful Deserted Places On Earth‘. I love traveling, I love deserted places transformed by nature and you bet I spent around an hour just oogling at those breathtaking photos! I‘ve never heard of these places so I had to Google each of them and find more interesting facts. These are the ones that impressed me the most.


This is a city called Kolmanskop. Placed in the Namib desert in southern Namibia it is also know as a ‘ghost town‘ ~ spooky. It developed as a mining village because the area was rich with diamonds. Can you imagine going for a visit and you stumbe upon one? What impressed me the most is the architecture that was inspired by German towns. I don‘t now why, but it amazes me to know that somebody actually lived there and has spent their time making all of this. And now it‘s abandoned and in the hands of nature.


Christ of the Abyss is breathtakingly beautiful. It is a submerged bronze statue of Jesus Christlocated in the Mediterranean Sea off San Fruttuoso between Camogli and Portofino on the Italian Riviera. Places like this are getting more and more popular each day, so much there are now underwater museums!

  
 A sunken yacht in Antarctica ~ just wow!


"At over 200km, the Kerry Way is one of Ireland's longest signposted walking trail and also one of the most popular. The trail starts and finishes in the busy tourist destination of Killarney. Looping around the Iveragh Peninsula, the Kerry Way goes anti-clockwise, passing through some of the most isolated and dramatic countryside in the country."~ And it actually takes around 9 days to cover the whole path!! Seems to me like a good place to clear your mind.


The sugar at the end is The Tunnel of Love in Klevan, Ukraine! A three km railway section leads to a fiberboard factory. Be careful though, because the train does actually go there three times a day. Don't you wish to be there each season and throughout the whole day? Imagine how many incredible photos you could get there!

Have you ever visited any of these places? They sure are beautiful! Meanwhile writing this thinking how broke I am ~ oops.
Thank you! Enjoy your lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment