12/09/2013

Love The Vintage

Hello people! I got this idea from my recent obsessions post. There is another one, and this time I'm obsessing over vintage! I used to be so against buying something already used. I don‘t know why, I just never liked the idea of having someone‘s 'leftovers'. Now that I think about it, the negativity towards used items was probably a result of me always getting everything my sister grew out of. It was very frustrating for me to see my sister get the privilege of going to the store and choose the things she likes, whether it was a piece of clothing or a bike. I wanted that choice also.


As I am maturing and getting to know myself I am more and more ok with exploring and purchasing a vintage item. There are definitely some pros to vintage. An example ~ it is a known fact that before, clothes would fit you better than nowadays. Perhaps the companies want us to idolise a certain body type, perhaps they don't realise what a waist to hips ratio or a butt is. Also, the chances of someone owning the same item as you are so slim you will have the opportunity to smugly say "they don't make these anymore" when you get asked where you got it from. Not to mention the cheap price...


I, myself, have been able to get my hands on a few pieces that are now some of the favourite items I own. Style is that thing that can always be worked on and improved and some things never go out of fashion so you might as well get some for your closet.

I don't own any of these photos, all the credit goes to the rightful owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment